As I mentioned in my '10 Things I Love About Autumn' post here (< link), one of my favourite things to do during the colder weather is to snuggle up, cosy myself up and spend the night in either reading a book or enjoying a good ol' hot chocolate. Quite a lot of you related to this, so I thought it would be fun to list some of the bits and bobs that I've started to put around my house to start making the place more Autumnal and cosy... like a lil' nest hehe!
1) Candles, candles, and more candles. I wrote a post here (< link) which shows you what my favourite Autumn-feeling candles are! They're still my absolute favourites, and I just find that they help warm up the place beautifully, as well as emitting a lovely, comforting scent throughout the house. My favourite candle to burn right now has to be the Christmas Eve candle by Yankee Candle. It possesses just the perfect level of spice - nothing too overpowering, but enough to help you relax and embrace the changing of season.
2) The Winter Duvet. So nothing makes me feel cosier than a beautfully fluffy, dense duvet during a chilly Autumn evening, or crisp winter morning. Albeit, having such a comfy duvet does make it a lot more difficult to get out of bed in the mornings, but it's SO worth it for those days when you do get to have a cheeky lie in! My cat has been especially enjoying this one too - so cute!
3) Big mugs. I don't drink much else apart from water and smoothies. I may have a coke about once a month but that's about it. However, as I'm sure anyone would agree - Autumn and Winter = Endless excuses to snuggle up with a great big hot chocolate! I'll be honest, I have been a bit cheeky and have indulged in quite a few this year already, but oh well! they're just so warming and lovely!
4) Animal friends. This is such a weird one, and I'm not sure when this obsession started, but I absolutely love having animal-themed ornaments around the house! Most recently I purchased this little hedgehog from Next and I absolutely love it! Look at it all curled up in a lil' ball being all cute naaaw oweuifh <3
5) Fluffy socks. Now, I do realise that socks aren't necesarily classed as 'homeware', but for me they are an essential for when I'm around the house during the colder weather. My feet just get soooooo cold so quickly, and even if they didn't, I still think that putting on a pair of fluffy socks can totally transform your experience of your home. As well as changing the surrounding aesthetics to feel more cosy, it's important to feel physically comfortable as well!
6) Ok, I had intended to make this a round five but eeeeeeeeeeee how could I possibly leave out fairy lights?! I use fairy lights all the way through the year, but I just think they're especially gorgeous during Autumn and Winter. It's getting darker earlier, and we're about to spend a lot more time inside - so why not make the place look all gorgeous and lit up like a fairy's palace?!
I really hope that you enjoyed hearing some of my cosy-essentials for around the home, now that we're soon approaching Autumn (eep!). I'd absolutely love to hear what you like to do to make your house/room feel a lot more comforting, so do make sure to leave a comment below!
- Hannah x